[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Bootable CD creation?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Bootable CD creation?
- From: stan <stanb_(_at_)_panix_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 18:02:40 -0400
- Cc: Stewart Flood <radioshow_(_at_)_ivo_(_dot_)_net>
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, Stewart Flood <radioshow_(_at_)_ivo_(_dot_)_net>
On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 03:51:23PM -0400, Christopher Maxwell wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 03:05:43PM -0400, stan wrote:
> > I can't seem to create a working "bootable floppy image" for this, but if
> > I copy the one of the ISO providedat that site I can make things work.
> > So the 2 things I need to understand are:
> > 1. How do I create this "bootable floopy image"?
> > 2. How is this image "pointed to" in the CD image creation?
> look at 'man release' specifically "4. Make and validate the system release"
> Since you mentioned you are using i386
> cd /usr/src/distrib/i386/ramdisk_cd (or any other rd image you want to try)
> env DESTDIR=/pathto/DESTDIR RELEASEDIR=/pathto/RELEASEDIR make -n
> That will print the entire process used to build the ramdisk images.
> Read the makefiles, figure out how they work, modify to fit your needs
> it's all in the makefiles
Thanks, I'll study thta.
Thanks for the help.
"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Visit your host, monkey.org