[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Way to tell ftp-proxy to use a secondary proxy?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Way to tell ftp-proxy to use a secondary proxy?
- From: Rob <rob_(_at_)_olg_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 18:05:52 -0400
is there any way to get the ftp-proxy(8) program to
use a secondary proxy? In other words, I'd like to:
ftp_client -> ftp-proxy -> another_ftp_proxy -> out
I have two applications for this:
1) I have a network with it's own firewalls that is
inside a much larger network with it's own
firewalls. While I can setup a transparent
proxy for the lan firewalls, the systems inside
the lan would still have to be configured to
specify the external proxy (which is not
2) For stand-alone machines, I'd like to exploit
the fact that pf can filter based on the
uid and thus I could filter based on the
ftp-proxy program holding the open ftp port.
Thanks for the replies,
Visit your host, monkey.org