Way to tell ftp-proxy to use a secondary proxy?

Hi,
is there any way to get the ftp-proxy(8) program to
use a secondary proxy?  In other words, I'd like to:

ftp_client -> ftp-proxy -> another_ftp_proxy -> out

I have two applications for this:

1) I have a network with it's own firewalls that is inside a much larger network with it's own firewalls. While I can setup a transparent proxy for the lan firewalls, the systems inside the lan would still have to be configured to specify the external proxy (which is not transparent).

2) For stand-alone machines, I'd like to exploit the fact that pf can filter based on the uid and thus I could filter based on the ftp-proxy program holding the open ftp port.

Thanks for the replies, Rob

Visit your host, monkey.org