disklabel offset

Dear Misc,

I rarely need to use the disklabel command outside an
installation process, but I swear the last time I did,
the offset offered a default value calculated from the
sum of the previously defined partitions.

Just now when using it, everytime I add a new partition, the
offered offset value is [0].  I have added a new disk to a
system and don't understand why the offset value is not
tracked just like it is when doing a clean install.

Just for the record, I have read the manpage and see
no way to affect this behavior.

Thanks,
Ray

Visit your host, monkey.org