[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: two small observations on ntpd
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: two small observations on ntpd
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:11:06 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Arvid Grøtting <arvidg_(_at_)_netfonds_(_dot_)_no> [2004-08-27 14:28]:
> - at least when acting like a server, the refid sent looks very bogus
no, it is a valid NTP4 refid, the way they are formed changed after
> - in the same case, the stratum sent is fixed at 2 instead of being
> calculated as something like ((stratum of refid) + 1).
yes, on purpose.