Re: migrating users

Hello!

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 12:17:40AM +0200, Mercator Trading wrote:

>I've configured a new machine with OBSD 3.5 Is there a way to migrate the
>users, and more important the passwords, from my old 3.3 machine to my new
>machine?

Copy over /etc/master.passwd. Better: Merge them (there are a few
additional system users). Then use pwd_mkdb with the right options,
or if you want it simple, call vipw, make a trivial change (add an empty
line, delete it again), save it, that'll call pwd_mkdb with the right
options too.

Merge /etc/group too.

Kind regards,

Hannah.