-----owner-misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org wrote: -----

To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
From: "STeve Andre'" <andres_(_at_)_msu_(_dot_)_edu>
Sent by: owner-misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Date: 08/27/2004 02:24PM
Subject: Re: 3.5 and whacky ports tree

Marc,  Wouldn't the concept of a version marker in the ports be something
to consider?  Something that was checked at both make and pkg_add which
would loudly proclaim a mis-match, and might help reduce the endless stream
of people mixing things up.

--STeve Andre'

On Friday 27 August 2004 21:54, Marc Espie wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 04:19:13PM -0400, Brian T Stadler BTSTADLE wrote:
[snip]
> So it does.  This issue was fixed sometime between 3.5 and 3.6. Namely,
> the actual extraction is now protected in an eval {} block, so that
> it will register a borked package instead of dying completely.
>
> > I've comepletly redone the machine from scratch about 10 times now.
I've