[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: silly: sed and simple regex that doesn't work
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: silly: sed and simple regex that doesn't work
- From: Matthias Kilian <kili_(_at_)_outback_(_dot_)_escape_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:34:54 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 10:52:51PM -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > At least for OpenBSD, sed(1) only supports basic regular expressions.
> If you want a high-powered regular expression processor, try Phil Budne's
> Snobol4 from http://www.snobol4.org/csnobol4/. It builds with no
> problem on Openbsd.
Or just use awk(1), which uses extended regular expressions as egrep(1).
Visit your host, monkey.org