Need clarification on installing the ports tree

Hello all:

After performing a netinstall of OpenBSD 3.5 on an older Intel box, in the interest of cooking the following recipe at:

BSDGuides: Qmail, Courier Imap (with SSL), Vpopmail, and Squirrelmail
http://www.bsdguides.org/guides/openbsd/mailserver/qmail+courier+vpopmail+cav+sa.php

I came across the following instructions:

cd /usr/ports/sysutils/mergemaster
make install clean
cd /
mergemaster

However, my system does not have a /usr/ports directory, and the instructions don't seem to address this potential circumstances - as they are written for OpenBSD 3.4 I thought this possibly might be the reason.

While looking into the mailing list archives I did run across the following clue for obtaining the "ports tree", but it referrs to FreeBSD(???), and this just doesn't seem right, but maybe it is. So just for the sake of clarity, can someone confirm that what I need to do is:

1. Download and unarchive the following file into the appropriate directory?
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports.tar.gz

Then after performing this step I'll be able to perform the following instructions without problem correct???

cd /usr/ports/sysutils/mergemaster
make install clean
cd /
mergemaster