[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Win Modems and replacements
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Win Modems and replacements
- From: "Peter H. Coffin" <hellsop_(_at_)_ninehells_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:38:58 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: hellsop_(_at_)_ninehells_(_dot_)_com
On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 11:27:21PM -0400, Nick Holland wrote:
> > What is the cheapest "real" modem (pci or external) that will work
> > with openbsd 3.4 and ppp?
> depends who's scrap pile you are digging in. :) Finding 'em new isn't
> easy, but I've been seeing a lot of "used" 56k and 33.6k and 28.8k
> modems lying around.
LOTS and LOTS of external and hardware-based internal 56k USR Couriers
on ebay these days for about US$25-30 shipped in North America. There's
about 40 listed now, maybe half with bids on them.
6. I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them.
--Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlord
Visit your host, monkey.org