[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: any added advantage for dual CPU act as a firewall
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: any added advantage for dual CPU act as a firewall
- From: "Peter H. Coffin" <hellsop_(_at_)_ninehells_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:37:55 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: hellsop_(_at_)_ninehells_(_dot_)_com
On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:48:23AM +0800, obsd obsd wrote:
> I have a out-dated intel MB (dual pII-300). I would like to know if there
> are any added advantage for this MB act as a firewall ? Any pointer ?
Dual processor support is still pretty new, and even a single PII-300 is
far more horsepower than a firewall generally requires. If you've
already got a firewall, I wouldn't bother changing it to that MB.
34. I will not turn into a snake. It never helps.
--Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlord