[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: dhcp & pf on a cable modem connection
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: dhcp & pf on a cable modem connection
- From: Mark Pecaut <mark_(_at_)_pecaut_(_dot_)_us>
- Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 14:00:24 -0600
- Mail-followup-to: Mark Pecaut <mark_(_at_)_pecaut_(_dot_)_us>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 08:29:54PM -0500, J Moore wrote:
> I'm preparing a Soekris firewall for a family member to take to college.
> Her Internet access will be via cable modem, so I want the Soekris
> between her cable modem Ethernet interface, and her Windows PC.
> I've set up dhcpd on the "inside" interface, and dhclient on the outside
> interface. But I'm not clear at all on how DNS will be handled. In other
> words, how does dhcpd tell the Windows client what DNS server to use?
Run dnscache on the soekris and use that as her DNS server. Or
make the soekris a bridge.
Visit your host, monkey.org