Re: Http Compression.

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 01:19:33PM +0300, Cemal Dalar wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I want to implement a firewall and http compression solution for my web
> servers. Does any one put an openbsd box infront of your web server and
> implement http compression? Maybe also caching.. :)
>     Actually what I want is to make a simple appliance like solution..

Apache can do the compression with mod_gzip or you could do it at the
application layer (PHP, Perl etc can handle this).

For caching, squid can do that.

None of this really has anything to do with a firewall.

// Niall.

--
njo_(_at_)_sig11_(_dot_)_com
"UNIX is like a fascist state, Windows is like a democracy. Which works?"