Re: wireless hardware compatibility info

Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2004_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com> writes:

> Bad user!  No food pellet.  Touch the electrical outlet.

I'll be showing the true depths of my ignorance but I wondered if it
would make sense to carry around a wap to do the connection and
connect to it via ethernet cable.  Put it down as my default gateway.

Or is that getting pretty nutty?

Is such a thing even possible?  The man page listing on the pcmcia
type driver `awi' sound pretty horrible, but maybe I'm not
understanding it.

   Transmit speed is fixed at
     1Mbps.
Isn't that pretty low?