[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: wireless hardware compatibility info
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: wireless hardware compatibility info
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 20:04:25 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.misc
Joe Szedula <szedula_(_at_)_mindspring_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> I'd like to set up a wireless network on my firewall (treating it like an
> external network) for visitors to my office.
So just buy any one of the many standalone access points that are
on the market and hook it up to a separate ethernet interface.
The only thing to watch out for is that you can actually configure
the AP. I returned two DWL-2000AP (and can't upgrade the firmware
on my pair of DWL-900AP) because the new revisions of D-Link's
HTTP/HTML configuration tool are broken--presumably they only work
with Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org