Re: wireless hardware compatibility info

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 10:21:41PM -0500, reader_(_at_)_newsguy_(_dot_)_com said:
> out about hardware compatibility issues.  Particularly with recent
> wireless network products.  Are there URLS that discuss or list
> hardware compat.
>
> Details:
> I want to insert a wireless point of access into my home network. And
> an wireless pcmcia NIC in my toshiba 4005 (6yr old) laptop.
>
> I'm running a recent snapshot of obsd on the laptop and wondered if
> there is compiled data somewhere about what models of wireless nics
> may not be supported.

You must not have looked very hard if you didn't find
http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html ... look in the section on wireless
adapters. It's also worth checking out the various man pages for the wireless
drivers - wi(4) is my favorite (you want wi(4) if you're planning on doing
HostAP mode anyway ...).
--
       Scott Francis | darkuncle(at)darkuncle(dot)net | 0x5537F527
<CaffeineHead> We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.