Re: Adding X after basic install

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 08:20:55AM -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
> I haven't run X on this machine for yrs and then it was a linux
> distro.

I don't think that there's much difference between XF86 running on linux
and on obsd. I even could just copy over the driver for my mga550 from
linux, and it behaves *exactly* as on linux, including some annoying
bugs in the proprietary matrox code ;-)

For a quick start, you could try to create an initial XF86Config with
$ X -configure

The only thing that doesn't (yet) work for me is 3D hardware acceleration,
but I don't need this feature at all.

Ciao,
	Kili