[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Screen Problems and biff, mesg
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Screen Problems and biff, mesg
- From: eric <eric-list-openbsd-misc_(_at_)_catastrophe_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:45:05 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Catastrophe.Net <http://www.catastrophe.net/>
Has anyone successfully gotten screen to properly set pty
permissions so that a user can be mesg'ed or biff works?
When I login, the pty that I run screen out of has the following
crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 6, 19 Aug 6 12:41 /dev/ptyq3
That should be correct enough to use things like write(1). And it
works. However, when you screen in, no matter if the window is "mesg
y" or not, it still doesn't seem to work.
I've ever tried playing around with changing the login status of the
screen session; alas the effort was futile.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.