[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Cannot seem to lookup host names... why?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Cannot seem to lookup host names... why?
- From: Greg Wooledge <greg_(_at_)_wooledge_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 19:49:07 -0400
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
John Draper (lists_(_at_)_webcrunchers_(_dot_)_com) wrote:
> Why am I getting this...
> ESP# sh /etc/netstart
> route: ESP.esp.mydomain.net: bad value <--- what value is bad?
The output of "grep -R ESP.esp /etc" might be enlightening. My money's
on "/etc/mygate", though.
> My /etc/resolv.conf file:
> search localhost.mydomain.net
Why would you append "localhost.mydomain.net" to all of your DNS lookups
by default? That should almost certainly be "webcrunchers.com" or
> nameserver 126.96.36.199
> nameserver 188.8.131.52
> lookup file bind
Greg Wooledge | "Truth belongs to everybody."
greg_(_at_)_wooledge_(_dot_)_org | - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
[demime 0.98d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of signature.asc]