[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: snapshots source
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: snapshots source
- From: Alexandre Anriot <aanriot_(_at_)_atlantilde_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:12:19 +0200
- Cc: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
> Where should I get the source for snapshots? Is it through cvs? I ask because
> I see src.tar.gz and sys.tar.gz in every stable release directory of the ftp
> server but they are not found in snapshots directory.
You have to use source and ports trees from CVS, without any tag.
Snapshots are recent, and I suppose it would be ok.
> BTW, http://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.html describes "cvs checkout -P
> -rOPENBSD_3_5 src" as a cvs command used to check out the patch branch
> sources. What is "patch branch sources"? Is is the sources of the snapshots?
Stable branch's sources :) If you have installed a snapshot, use -current sources.
Visit your host, monkey.org