Re: how secure is OpenBSD 3.5 without patches?

Quoting Tyler (milamt_(_at_)_cox_(_dot_)_net):
> Please forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, but I was wondering if
> I can leave the default OpenBSD 3.5 installation alone without patching it
> and still have peace of mind that I am reasonable secure. I've installed
> OpenBSD on an old compaq with 16mb of ram. I doubt I can compile anything on
> it, and I haven't been able to find binary patches. This machine will be
> perfect as a router; my only doubt is the patches. Can someone please
> advise me on this?

If you have just one machine, then it is a test machine.
If you have 2 machines, then you can have production machine.

Right now you have a test machine in production.

My x86 build machine boots into a OBSD some of the time, but it
also is the build machine for other things (about anything but
windows).  SCSI  and drive bays makes that simple.

Visit your host, monkey.org