[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
USB Memory sticks: Failure mode for forgotten umount?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: USB Memory sticks: Failure mode for forgotten umount?
- From: Hannah Schroeter <hannah_(_at_)_schlund_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:06:36 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Schlund + Partner AG
Just experimented. If you put in a memory stick, mount
(mount /dev/sd0i /mnt), and it works. Now I pull it out, "forgetting"
to umount it.
It seems I can't umount it ever again, umount hangs (wchan vn_loc)
And plugging it in again doesn't attach any kind of device any more.
How difficult would it be to have a better failure mode for that?
Yes I know sane persons don't do that, but it's easy to forget things