[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Having difficulty getting address families to work on code
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Having difficulty getting address families to work on code
- From: Andrew Falanga <andrew_(_dot_)_falanga_(_at_)_hp_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: 17 Jun 2004 07:51:25 -0600
- Organization: Hewlett-Packard
I'm trying to write some code for IPX/SPX and am starting with IPX. The
address family AF_IPX continually returnes "Protocol not supported" when
I try to create a socket(2) with it. What is wrong? What am I missing?
I'm using OpenBSD 3.4. By the way, if anyone knows, for programming SPX
am I going to have to write the packets myself? I know that the SPX
protocol is designed to sit on top of IPX, and the research I've done up
til now suggests that I must write these packets myself. Is this true?
I'm wondering because I noticed a header file in /usr/include/netipx
called spx.h. However, there's no address family AF_SPX.
Thanks for anything that can be provided,
Andrew Falanga -- a Non-HP employee
Visit your host, monkey.org