[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: soekris boot from CF card
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: soekris boot from CF card
- From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu_(_dot_)_herrb_(_at_)_laas_(_dot_)_fr>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:02:46 +0200
- Organization: CNRS/LAAS
- Reply-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
J Moore wrote:
The first solution I suggested to you doesn't require an USB port: boot
bsd.rd using pxeboot and proceed with a standard install using FTP.
No - I think that's the whole problem - making the CF bootable.
Complicated by the fact that all of the solutions I've heard so far
require a system with a USB port... none of my OBSD systems have a USB
port. I've got a couple of Windoze machines that have them, but I don't
see how to get there from here.
(Instead of a standard install, you can also choose 'S' to get a shell,
copy your files, /boot and /bsd and run installboot manually...
How did you get a CF you could boot?
You can also use a pcmcia->cf adapter in a pcmcia port...
Visit your host, monkey.org