Re: OBSD can't play mp3

> Anyway, I started kde with command
> # startkde
> I ran the xmms program, when I tried to play mp3, it
> display:
>
> Audio device busy
> Abort ....
>

> But There is no any other program using audio
> device.

KDE uses a server to share the sound device. Only programs that use the server can play sound when it's active.

You can either disable the server or install an output plugin for the server in xmms. The sound server is called "arts".

On FreeBSD, the server doesn't work right so I disabled it. I don't know if it works on OpenBSD because I don't use KDE on OpenBSD.