DIRECTORY CONTAINS EMPTY BLOCKS

Greetings:

Last night my OpenBSD 3.5 machine went dead, I believe because of a kernel panic. I'm sorry I did not copy down the message on the terminal, but it ended with the message "Don't even think about reporting this kernel panic without running...". At any rate, it was late and I hoped rebooting would solve the problem.

It didn't. When trying to reboot, during the filesystem checks I got an "UNECPECTED INCONSISTENCY" ERROR for /usr. I dropped into the shell and did 'fsck -p /usr' and the message was:
DIRECTORY: /obj/usr.sbin/spamb CONTAINS EMPTY BLOCKS

So I did fsck_ffs /usr and got the same message follwed by "ADJUST LENGTH?", to which I answered 'y' 12 times. Then I got a "PLEASE RERUN FSCK" message. Which I did, but with the same result as before:
DIRECTORY: /obj/usr.sbin/spamb CONTAINS EMPTY BLOCKS

I tried booting into single user mode and making /usr 'ro', but this didn't help. I don't know where to go from here and would appreciate any suggestions anybody would be kind enough to give.

Thank-you.
--
All the best (Adéu-siau),
Lou Hevly