Silicon Image 680 chipset

I'd be happy to read experiences if anybody's using cards with that chipset. We're having some of Kouwell cards them but it's working way too buggy under Linux and we're trying to swith our backup server (8 disks) to BSD.

The chipset is listed in the OBSD 3.2 daily changelog but it's not in pciide(4). (Kinda strange.)

Our server now has sw RAID-5 of four disks on the usual IDE ports and another four disks on 2 cards in sw RAID-5 if that does something.

Thanks,

Tamas

Visit your host, monkey.org