Re: MTU

luizinho wrote:

Hi guys. A few weeks ago I bought a Ethernet card
with VIA VT6105 chipset. I just can´t change the MTU
of that to 1492. Is it possible? Where can I read if
is it possible?

I discovered recently that NOT ALL NICS let you set the MTU. The rule seems to be, "If you need to, the NIC you picked doesn't permit it" :)

rl(4) does
I *believe* smc8216 (we(4)), 3c509 (ep(4)) do. ONE of the two certainly does, possibly both.
I know tl(4) does not...you can guess how. :)

If you are getting a cryptic error when you try, you probably have one of the ones that doesn't let you set the MTU size.

Nick.
--
http://www.holland-consulting.net