Re: Why *are* the kernels monolithic?

Hello,

Paul de Weerd wrote:
> (or perhaps amd64).

Though currently neither ndisulator nor ndiswrapper can run i386 drivers on
amd64.  From what I've read in the CVS commit logs, there has been some
amd64-specific work going on in ndisulator but AFAIK that would only work
with 64-bit drivers, which most sources of such hardware don't release.

> One of the greatest benefits of non-binary-only drivers (aka,
> source readily available) is that it runs or can be made to run on
> other platforms.

If only specs would be released for such hardware.

> Not all the world runs i386.

Very right.  Me neither.

        Gabriel.

--
Gabriel Ebner - reverse "ta_(_dot_)_renbeleirbag_(_at_)_eg"
==> Please don't CC me!  I'm reading the list.

Visit your host, monkey.org