[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Why *are* the kernels monolithic?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Why *are* the kernels monolithic?
- From: "Marsh J. Ray" <marsh-obsd_(_at_)_mysteray_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 05:42:50 -0400
- Cc: Matt Provost <mprovost_(_at_)_termcap_(_dot_)_net>
Matt Provost wrote:
Linus Torvald's position on the subject is consistently against vendors
distributing binary-only modules.
I'm not a big fan of LKMs on FreeBSD, and on Linux their main purpose in
life seems to be to allow vendors to supply binary-only modules.
Here's just one post on a continuously-ongoing discussion: