Re: unknown terminal type

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 10:05:01AM +0200, Peter Strömberg wrote:
> On 28 May 2004 at 13:55, Rebs Guarina wrote:
>
> > hi guys,
> >
> > i'm just new to openbsd. i tried to boot into single user mode because
> > of some pf error. when i tried to edit my file (using vi), i got an
> > 'unknown terminal type' error. so i just issued a TERM=vt100, since i
> > also got this when i was doing something else in 'nux. i was surprised
> > it didn't work! so i tried to use kterm or xterm instead. it didn't work
> > either. how can you fix this?
>
> You need to export the variable to set it in the environment
>
> TERM=vt100
> export TERM

you probably also need to mount filesystems so that a) /usr/bin/vi is
available and b) vi can find /var/tmp to create its temp file:

	# mount -a -t ffs

cheers,

chris

--
Christopher Linn, (celinn at mtu.edu) | By no means shall either the CEC
Staff System Administrator            | or MTU be held in any way liable