Re: OpenBSD newbie, `root' name refused .. solved..

> On Thu, 27 May 2004, Remy Heiden wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> This seems like an interesting problem.
> As I am also still learning my way around obsd, I have absolutely no idea
> how to solve this.
>
> For [re]editing the passwd-file you could do this:
> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq8.html#LostPW
>
> On this list it is also very much encouraged to first "do your homework"
> before ypoub ask questions.
> I.e. Google/FAQ/Archives
> (http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/)/etc.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Remy

Thursday, May 27 23:04:35

Thnkx Remy, .. I still find 't a bit  strange that there is no separate
list for new-commers, or people migrating from other os's like moi.
[yes I've read the migration pages..]

I have been a sun os user for the last 5 years and I used GNU/linux
Debian & Slackware together with freebsd at my present work for a year or
three now.

Anyway, yes I switched keyboards to verify if it was working
properly, yes I checked for nologin, yes I checked for the keberos bug,
yes i386 bug, Yes I compared the passwd files, etc......

No problems.. But still couldn't login, so.. Since it was a brand new
install, I took 3mins to go over the steps again, and reinstalled the
whole damn thing..

I have a perfectly fine working system now..

Searching is fine, if you have the time .. :-)

Thnkx for your reply.......Remy..

J.