Re: Write root password on the front of the box

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 09:59:54PM +0200, Julian Leyh wrote:
> Dave Taira <bodhi_(_at_)_hagakure_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
>
> > And be really really careful not to type it into your IRC session
> > because you forgot which window had focus. No, I don't know anyone
> > this happened to. Why do you ask?
>
> lol.. i am sometimes in thoughts and write commands like 'ls' into my
> irc client.. but mostly it's the other way round, i want to do something
> in a terminal and then forget to switch back to the irc client.. and my
> shell doesn't want to answer me ^^'
>
> i've heard of somebody, who typed his root password into irc..

In a channel I chat it frequently, a guy once willingly gave his root
password to someone else in the channel (via DCC), and the guy rooted
his box.  Doh!  That guy was the butt-end of a lot of jokes for a
while.

bc
    |   Benjamin A. Collins <bencollins_(_at_)_tamu_(_dot_)_edu>   |
    |     http://people.cs.tamu.edu/bcollins/       |