OpenBSD Compatible USB CF Readers?

I have a USB Compact Flash reader that was packged under the Edge brand,
but on the front all it says is "6 in 1 Card Reader" -- it seems to be a
"generic branded" unit. I cannot get OpenBSD 3.4 Stable to see it --
umass never happens. Whenever I try to connect it, I get:

uhub0: port 1, set config at addr 2 failed
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1

This happens on two different machines, and I don't think there's
anything wrong with the USB ports I'm trying to use. (E.g. a mouse is
seen just fine ...)

This CF reader has been working great for many moons now under Mac OS X,
but I suspect I need a new reader for OpenBSD. If you've been successful
with a USB CF reader on OpenBSD 3.4, please let me know the exact brand.

I gather many folks hereabouts recommend IDE CF adapters rather than
USB. But, what I'm seeing from some of the vendors selling these things
is that they are specifically *not* hot-swap. That's a bummer.

I wouldn't mind getting an IDE interface, as long as it would let me
hot-swap CF cards. But, I don't think IDE is good for hot-swapping.

-T.i.A., Jim