Re: AV gateway

On May 18, 2004, at 10:28 PM, Nick Buraglio wrote:

Try to redirect all SMTP traffic to a local copy of ClamAV which scans
and sends on. I don't yet know if this is do-able, it was just a quick
thought.

I know it's do-able as a defined SMTP server, I'm doing it right now. I was speaking of a transparent solution on a gateway, like a transparent proxy. I was thinking of a ftp-proxy or transparent squid type setup.

This was unclear by your original post. You never mentioned anything about transparent interception of mail traffic to various SMTP servers, you only asked about creating an AV gateway. I'm not aware of any open-source transparent AV proxies, although I've seen a few transparent spam proxies.

Good luck, I'd be interested to see what you find.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting

Visit your host, monkey.org