Re: AV gateway

Quoting Jason Dixon (jason_(_at_)_dixongroup_(_dot_)_net):
> On May 18, 2004, at 3:54 PM, Nick Buraglio wrote:
> >I'm looking for a solution for an opensource AV gateway.  I've done
> >some basic searching and poking around the lists and google.
> >Basically what I'm trying to do is catch and block the entry and more
> >importantly the departure of virii, worms, and other malicious code.
> >I have yet to see (in my little bit of looking) anyone that is
> >successfully doing this.  I had 3 ideas, from easiest to hardest.  I
> >don't know how feasable the last one is.  Any good ideas are welcome
> >and hereby solicited. I'm mainly concerned with SMTP since thats how
> >most get spread.
>
> Don't know if it's doable?  Are you sure you've googled or searched the
> archives?
>
> If it's something that AV scanners like ClamAV, F-Prot, Sophos, Vexira,
> etc., have a signature for, it will definitely work on OpenBSD with
> sendmail/milter or Postfix and Amavisd-new.  Any emails with a
> suspected virus/worm/etc will be blocked and quarantined locally
> (optional).

Step one:  remove windows.  Hey! There go 99.9% of the viruses and
things that attack poorly written, easily exploited operating systems.

MimeDefang will wrangle ClamAV and Spamassassin.

I'm with Jasonh, where did you search that you missed this?  It's
all over comp.mail.sendmail and other mtas' groups, for sure.