[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
serial port & XMODEM
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: serial port & XMODEM
- From: Ed White <ed_(_dot_)_white_(_at_)_libero_(_dot_)_it>
- Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:19:40 +0200
- Reply-to: ed_(_dot_)_white_(_at_)_libero_(_dot_)_it
I'm playing with a little board linked to my laptop through the serial port.
I discovered that I could update the board BIOS using the XMODEM protocol to
upload the new version.
I've installed the comms/lrzsz port and I've read its man page. I've also read
the cu man page, but it's not clear to me how I can use the serial console to
enter the BIOS setup and, after that, use XMODEM to send the new BIOS.
Any suggestion ?
Visit your host, monkey.org