[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Update to 3.5 with mini-faq
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Update to 3.5 with mini-faq
- From: "Christian Gut" <cycloon_(_at_)_is-root_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 15:24:17 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Fri, 14 May 2004, Atanai Sousa Ticianelli wrote:
> Hi !
> On mini-faq (http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade-minifaq.html)
> I've got this:
> 1.2: What is the best way to upgrade?
> (...). "The best and only supported way to move from release to release is
> to install the binaries from the most recent release."
> Now, the truth is that I don't know what must be done to "install the
> binaries" ! (This is another "school boy stuff"... sorry ). Downloading
> 3.5 bsd.rd via ftp, boot from it and upgrade the system by ftp (according
> the help from Greg below) is the meaning of "instal the binaries" ?
another way, i frequently use (on remote machines) is to unpack the sets except etcXX.tgz, install the new bootloader and upgrade /etc via mergemaster.
Visit your host, monkey.org