Re: arp on same wire

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 12:55:47PM -0500, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> I will be setting up a new OpenBSD 3.5 machine with dual NICs.
>
> (1) 191.168.10.10
> (1)  10.10.10.10
>
> Is this going to cause ARP messages (like in freebsd) and if so, is there a
> way to shut them up?

P A R E N T A L   A D V I S O R Y

Using IP on broadcast type networks causes ARP messages.

P A R E N T A L   A D V I S O R Y

Seriously now, do you mean to ask if using both NICs on the same
ethernet segment will cause ARP problems, or something like that?

Please elaborate.

--
I drowned in the universal pool of entropy
Eris has saved me, and she has set me free

Visit your host, monkey.org