Re: Use of an MTA on openBSD

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 09:17:54AM -0400, the entity calling itself Jason Dixon stated:
> On May 14, 2004, at 7:26 AM, Kevin Barrass wrote:
>
> >I'm building a new OpenBSD test server at work and have some experience
> >with Exim but Openbsd comes with sendmail which I have not used before
> >iam unsure what MTA to go with, if sendmail is good then Id rather
> >stick
> >with what is packaged with sendmail.
>
> You didn't really explain what your requirements are, so it's hard to
> give you a solid recommendation.

In OpenBSD (at least) I don't think it's hard to make a recommendation.
This comes up regularly, and each time the project leadership recommends
sendmail. And their rationale is compelling...

The only thing I can add to that is "buy the books":
"sendmail", 3rd ed, Costales & Allman, O'Reilly publishers

"sendmail Cookbook", Hunt, O'Reilly publishers

In particular, I like the 2nd reference.

Jay