Re: make obj, normal user creates obj dirs and links?

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Ted Unangst wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 2004, Christian Gut wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > today I ran into a weird question: how is it achieved, that an
> > unprivileged user (being member of wsrc) can create directories in
> > /usr/obj and symlinks under /usr/src during "make obj". All those
> > directories belong root:wsrc and have 755 permissions. The whole system
> > is just set up and cvsuped.
>
> /usr/obj is supposed to have 775 permissions.

yes, i was wrong there, but now i got it. I always thought, make obj
also creates the links in the subdirs which aren't group writable. I
just noticed that they are already there when i unpack src.tar.gz

So the mystery has gone. Sorry for the rumor and thanks.