Re: more soekris

Hello Harry,

Don't be mad about the replies you have gotten. If you read misc_(_at_)_openbsd for a while you would have been prepared for such replies.

This link does not have anything to do with OpenBSD but it might help you understand why you got these replies:

Anyway, the Soekris don't come with storage devices. This means that no operating system is preinstalled on them. You will have to buy a storage device such as a compact flash card, hard drive, cd drive, or whatever to boot the operating system from. Do note that these are not standard i386 (PC) motherboard thus you'll have to check what interfaces are available for storage medias. That's where Soekris' web site comes in handy.

My recommendation is to stay away from the Soekris devices until you understand what all the specifications are. That includes knowing what compact flash and a microdrive is. All that information is really general computer technology and not specific to OpenBSD so I'd expect that you won't get to many helpful replies from this list.

If you have strong interest in computers you'll enjoy learning all about the technologies that the Soekris boards (and lot of other computers) uses and it will be worth the time.

Good luck and have fun.
  Claus