Reload pf and default gateway after reboot - Interface needs time to activate

I have found a few tidbits on the web and in the mailing list on how to reload pf rules after given sets of time, but none really apply to my situation. I have two interfaces that take a bit of time to activate (T1's on a PCI CSU/DSU adapter). By the time they are active, netstart and pf rules have already been run (default block for pf and a localhost gateway setup for netstart). I would like to set up a script so that after a given bit of time, it checks to see whether the interfaces are active (via ifconfig) and re-sets the default gateway and re-runs the pf ruleset. Is this best done with a script run @reboot in crontab or some other mechanism? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steve