[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Test & Working PF flow size..
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Test & Working PF flow size..
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 22:07:25 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
600Mb in 1 day is no problem on mac68k.
perhaps the OP should ask a slightly more precise question...
* Bryan Irvine <bryan_(_dot_)_irvine_(_at_)_kingcountyjournal_(_dot_)_com> [2004-05-07 21:41]:
> a 600Mb flow? Not between 2 NIC's. even a 64bit PCI can only do
> 400M(-ish). Maybe if you find a quad card that does it's switching on
> On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 23:04, Sean Hafeez wrote:
> > First I have read the FAQ and know what it says....however I would like
> > to know the really world deployments of people on this list..
> > What is the largest size install of PF as a firewall that anyone has
> > done? What was the size of the traffic passed and how big was the
> > ruleset? Has anyone ever build a setup that can handle a 600MB flow?
> > The reason I am asking is that I am looking to use PF with some
> > hardware load balancers to hand a over 4 Gigs of traffic.
> > Thanks,
> > Sean
> > "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and
> > bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny
> > in government." - Thomas Jefferson
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.