[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Is there a dhcp guru in the crowd?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Is there a dhcp guru in the crowd?
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:31:26 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Jim Mays <cimsolve_(_at_)_comcast_(_dot_)_net> [2004-05-06 10:33]:
> Suppose you have two dhcp servers that have different ranges. They are both
> dual homed firewalls so the default route they assign is themself. If a
> client receives an ip/route from one server and then the server crashes,
> will the client go get another address/route from the other server and still
> reach the WAN without having to be rebooted?
yes - but the delay can be... enourmous. It will not try to get a new
lease until the old one expired.
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.