[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: 3.5-release console lockup



I reported this back at the beginning of April for a snapshot from the end
of March.  Unfortunately it was a test machine and my original note to
misc was woefully lacking in details.  I hadn't added users yet and I had
turned off the ability to login as root via SSH.  I haven't had a chance
to get back to troubleshoot it and get a dmesg from it.

Greg


Alexey E. Suslikov
> Dear misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org,
>
>  have no ability to login from local console after 3.5 install.
>
>  when i kill -9 getty on the ttyC0 (remotely via ssh) i see
>  getty reloaded on the local console. and when i shutting
>  down the box (remotely) i see this ordinary shutdown stuff.
>  so i think console is not responsible only for input not
>  output. even capslock switching has no ordinary lighting
>  effect. ctrl+alt+fn has no effect too. pushing random buttons
>  directly after blue kernel lines (due the boot) has no effect.
>
>  pinging the box and ssh are fine. bsd.rd is fine: console is
>  working. previous 3.4 was fine too.
>
>  bsd and bsd.rd dmesg are below.
>
> OpenBSD 3.5 (GENERIC) #34: Mon Mar 29 12:24:55 MST 2004
>     deraadt_(_at_)_i386_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
> cpu0: Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU 1066MHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 1.07 GHz
> cpu0:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE
> real mem  = 259039232 (252968K)
> avail mem = 233848832 (228368K)
> using 3187 buffers containing 13053952 bytes (12748K) of memory
> mainbus0 (root)
> bios0 at mainbus0: AT/286+(6a) BIOS, date 03/05/02, BIOS32 rev. 0 @
> 0xfd850
> apm0 at bios0: Power Management spec V1.2
> apm0: AC on, battery charge unknown
> pcibios0 at bios0: rev. 2.1 @ 0xfd800/0x800
> pcibios0: PCI IRQ Routing Table rev. 1.0 @ 0xfdf10/208 (11 entries)
> pcibios0: PCI Interrupt Router at 000:31:0 ("Intel 82371FB ISA" rev 0x00)
> pcibios0: PCI bus #3 is the last bus
> bios0: ROM list: 0xc0000/0xc600! 0xdf800/0x800! 0xe0000/0x4000!
> pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1 (no bios)
> pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 82830MP CPU-I/O-1" rev 0x03
> vga1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel 82830MP Integrated Video" rev 0x03:
> aperture at 0xe8000000, size 0x8000000
> wsdisplay0 at vga1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> "Intel 82830MP Integrated Video" rev 0x00 at pci0 dev 2 function 1 not
> configured
> uhci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 82801CA/CAM USB" rev 0x01: irq 9
> usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
> uhub0 at usb0
> uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub0: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
> uhci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 82801CA/CAM USB" rev 0x01: irq 5
> usb1 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
> uhub1 at usb1
> uhub1: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub1: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
> uhci2 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 82801CA/CAM USB" rev 0x01: irq 5
> usb2 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
> uhub2 at usb2
> uhub2: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub2: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
> ppb0 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BAM Hub-to-PCI" rev 0x41
> pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
> "ESS ES2838/2839 SuperLink Modem" rev 0x01 at pci1 dev 2 function 0 not
> configured
> esa0 at pci1 dev 3 function 0 "ESS ES1989" rev 0x12: irq 5
> ac97: codec id 0x45838308 (ESS Technology ES1921)
> ac97: codec features 20 bit DAC, 20 bit ADC, ESS Technology
> audio0 at esa0
> cbb0 at pci1 dev 4 function 0 "O2 Micro OZ6933 CardBus" rev 0x01: irq 9
> cbb1 at pci1 dev 4 function 1 "O2 Micro OZ6933 CardBus" rev 0x01: irq 9
> fxp0 at pci1 dev 8 function 0 "Intel PRO/100 VE" rev 0x41: irq 10, address
> 00:02:3f:35:02:d9
> inphy0 at fxp0 phy 1: i82562ET 10/100 media interface, rev. 0
> cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
> cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 2 device 0 cacheline 0x0, lattimer 0x20
> pcmcia0 at cardslot0
> cardslot1 at cbb1 slot 1 flags 0
> cardbus1 at cardslot1: bus 3 device 0 cacheline 0x0, lattimer 0x20
> pcmcia1 at cardslot1
> pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801CAM LPC" rev 0x01: SpeedStep
> pciide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 1 "Intel 82801CAM IDE" rev 0x01: DMA,
> channel 0 configured to compatibility, channel 1 configured to
> compatibility
> wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <IC25N020ATDA04-0>
> wd0: 16-sector PIO, LBA, 19077MB, 39070080 sectors
> wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 5
> atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 0
> scsibus0 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
> cd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <HITACHI, DVD-ROM GD-S250, 0012> SCSI0
> 5/cdrom removable
> cd0(pciide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2
> "Intel 82801CA/CAM SMBus" rev 0x01 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 not
> configured
> isa0 at pcib0
> isadma0 at isa0
> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
> pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot
> wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
> pckbcintr: no dev for slot 1
> pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
> midi0 at pcppi0: <PC speaker>
> sysbeep0 at pcppi0
> lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378/4 irq 7
> npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0/16: using exception 16
> pccom0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
> fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0/6 irq 6 drq 2
> fd0 at fdc0 drive 0: 1.44MB 80 cyl, 2 head, 18 sec
> biomask c260 netmask c660 ttymask d6e2
> pctr: 686-class user-level performance counters enabled
> mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support
> dkcsum: wd0 matched BIOS disk 80
> root on wd0a
> rootdev=0x0 rrootdev=0x300 rawdev=0x302
>
> OpenBSD 3.5 (RAMDISK_CD) #152: Mon Mar 29 12:41:38 MST 2004
>     deraadt_(_at_)_i386_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/RAMDISK_CD
> cpu0: Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU 1066MHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 1.07 GHz
> cpu0:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE
> real mem  = 259039232 (252968K)
> avail mem = 234663936 (229164K)
> using 3187 buffers containing 13053952 bytes (12748K) of memory
> mainbus0 (root)
> bios0 at mainbus0: AT/286+(6a) BIOS, date 03/05/02, BIOS32 rev. 0 @
> 0xfd850
> apm0 at bios0: Power Management spec V1.2
> pcibios0 at bios0: rev. 2.1 @ 0xfd800/0x800
> pcibios0: PCI IRQ Routing Table rev. 1.0 @ 0xfdf10/208 (11 entries)
> pcibios0: PCI Interrupt Router at 000:31:0 ("Intel 82371FB ISA" rev 0x00)
> pcibios0: PCI bus #3 is the last bus
> bios0: ROM list: 0xc0000/0xc600! 0xdf800/0x800! 0xe0000/0x4000!
> pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1 (no bios)
> pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 82830MP CPU-I/O-1" rev 0x03
> vga1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel 82830MP Integrated Video" rev 0x03
> wsdisplay0 at vga1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> "Intel 82830MP Integrated Video" rev 0x00 at pci0 dev 2 function 1 not
> configured
> uhci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 82801CA/CAM USB" rev 0x01: irq 9
> usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
> uhub0 at usb0
> uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub0: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
> uhci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 82801CA/CAM USB" rev 0x01: irq 5
> usb1 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
> uhub1 at usb1
> uhub1: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub1: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
> uhci2 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 82801CA/CAM USB" rev 0x01: irq 5
> usb2 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
> uhub2 at usb2
> uhub2: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub2: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
> ppb0 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BAM Hub-to-PCI" rev 0x41
> pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
> "ESS ES2838/2839 SuperLink Modem" rev 0x01 at pci1 dev 2 function 0 not
> configured
> "ESS ES1989" rev 0x12 at pci1 dev 3 function 0 not configured
> cbb0 at pci1 dev 4 function 0 "O2 Micro OZ6933 CardBus" rev 0x01: irq 9
> cbb1 at pci1 dev 4 function 1 "O2 Micro OZ6933 CardBus" rev 0x01: irq 9
> fxp0 at pci1 dev 8 function 0 "Intel PRO/100 VE" rev 0x41: irq 10, address
> 00:02:3f:35:02:d9
> inphy0 at fxp0 phy 1: i82562ET 10/100 media interface, rev. 0
> cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
> cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 2 device 0 cacheline 0x0, lattimer 0x20
> pcmcia0 at cardslot0
> cardslot1 at cbb1 slot 1 flags 0
> cardbus1 at cardslot1: bus 3 device 0 cacheline 0x0, lattimer 0x20
> pcmcia1 at cardslot1
> pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801CAM LPC" rev 0x01: SpeedStep
> pciide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 1 "Intel 82801CAM IDE" rev 0x01: DMA,
> channel 0 configured to compatibility, channel 1 configured to
> compatibility
> wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <IC25N020ATDA04-0>
> wd0: 16-sector PIO, LBA, 19077MB, 39070080 sectors
> wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 5
> atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 0
> scsibus0 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
> cd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <HITACHI, DVD-ROM GD-S250, 0012> SCSI0
> 5/cdrom removable
> cd0(pciide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2
> "Intel 82801CA/CAM SMBus" rev 0x01 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 not
> configured
> isa0 at pcib0
> isadma0 at isa0
> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
> npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0/16: using exception 16
> pccom0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
> fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0/6 irq 6 drq 2
> fd0 at fdc0 drive 0: 1.44MB 80 cyl, 2 head, 18 sec
> biomask c260 netmask c660 ttymask c662
> rd0: fixed, 3560 blocks
> root on rd0a
> rootdev=0x1100 rrootdev=0x2f00 rawdev=0x2f02
>
> Truly yours
>  Alexey E. Suslikov