Re: OpenBSD Bgpd as main bgp router with full-mech ?

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 at 11:36 +0200, Arvid Grøtting wrote:
> Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi_(_at_)_oav_(_dot_)_net> writes:
>
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I am very happy with the fact that bgpd is inside OpenBSD 3.5 (and
> > also carp and so on)....
> >
> > Now I am asking myself if there is anybody here that allready used
> > bgpd as bgpd for mainstream router for handling all full-mech as a
> > replacement of a Cisco for example...
>
> I'm not, yet, but I'm seriously considering it once I upgrade to 3.5.

Me as well due to the fact that [zebra/quagga] are not working in
the range i expected them to.

> I have some questions, however, in case anyone has tried any of this:
>
> - will OpenBSD's bgpd be able to coexist with Zebra (or Quagga) and
>   its ospfd, or, more importantly, will Zebra/ospfd be able to coexist
>   and cooperate with OpenBSD's bgpd (in the same box)?

Even though i have not tried it for me it seems like that there is
the possibility that they will work together.
But consider the following ... bgpd uses a in my opinion new way to
[give/take] Routes from and to the Kernel if ospfd from
[quagga/zebra] somehow does no realize the change or messes with the
routes you will have an unstable "Backbone Router"! ( no fun ?? ).

> - is there a simple way to generate an (OpenBSD, not Zebra) bgpd.conf
>   from a RtConfig (IRRtoolset) file?  I have lots and lots of
>   prefix-filter lines...

Looks a lot like Junipers Config Style ....

Tim

--
Darksun rising over blood red sea

Visit your host, monkey.org