Re: to scrub or not to scrub

so... if you've got no packets that would be blocked by this rule in
the last two years, why bother?  i understand that past performance is
not indicative of future results, but i mean, really...
   --david

On 28 Apr 2004, at 01:57 pm, Toxa wrote:

> Hello Theo,
>
> Wednesday, April 28, 2004, 7:52:02 AM, you wrote:
>
>>> Practically, very-very little percent of normal traffic is fragmented
>>> for any reason.
>
> TdR> The above is complete bullshit.  Just filing this for the archive
> readers.
> TdR> I remember the pre-PMTU days.
>
> Maybe I'm sooo lucky but this is from router which is working for 2+
> years securing small network:
>
> 01100        0           0 deny log ip from any to any frag
>
> No packets...
>
> PF will go to replace this ipfw.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Toxa                            mailto:postfix_(_at_)_sendmail_(_dot_)_ru

[demime 0.98d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of PGP.sig]

Visit your host, monkey.org