Will AIC-7902 work with existing driver ?

Firstly, I'm NOT asking "is the Adaptec AIC-7902 driver ready yet ?" because I know it is not.

What I would like to know is if anyone has had any luck with this device using the existing drivers ? Or is it a complete non-starter ? If it does work, is it **RELIABLE**, and what are the issues (ie - what doesn't work) ?

I'm asking before I rush out and spend some money. I don't mind it limping along on old drivers for a while , but it must be reliable.

regards,

Rich.

Visit your host, monkey.org