darrenhate@ proposal

GOAL: To remove certain unnecessary threads from misc@ while, at the same time, ensuring that the entertainment value is retained for those who may find it amusing to participate in the threads.

PROBLEM: A certain person is making comments which are not, either partially or entirely, in the spirit of the misc@ list. Since the OpenBSD team has never been about censorship, banning him is not an option.

SOLUTION: Create a new list: darrenhate_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_ When a certain someone special sends in an e-mail to misc@, it will be redirected into darrenhate_(_at_)__(_dot_)_ That special someone will receive misc@ and darrenhate@, but the latter messages will be altered so that darrenhate@ is changed to misc@, so as to keep our special someone in the dark. In this way, those who wish to follow these infantile rantings or split hairs with someone obsessed with the absurd may do so. For those of us who have already seen a guy make a complete ass of himself in a public forum, pissing away the good name he has built up over a number of years, well... we'll just make sure we don't subscribe to that particular list.

CREDIT: Today's nonsense inspired me to write this nonsense. The credit goes completely to Darren. I've watched this whole pissing match between Darren and Theo unfold from the beginning. Normally, I wouldn't be inclined to offer any assistance to Darren, but today I'm going ot put aside, for a moment, the fact that it seems obvious to me that Theo has always had the moral high ground, and has never given an inch of it to Darren. I'm going to give you a piece of advice, and it is a good piece of advice for any person to keep in mind: you have lost the pissing match when you are trying to piss on everyone and all you are managing to do is piss on yourself. You should stop. You've been doing it so long now that people can smell you a mile away.

Breen