Re: Webmin

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:37:24 +0200
Simon Dassow <janus_(_at_)_area319_(_dot_)_de> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 10:16, Carl Libra wrote:
> > Anyone using Webmin on a OpenBSD 3.4 box ?
>
> I dont hope so! Webmin is the ports tree... and it's reasonable marked
> as broken. From Makefile:
>
> BROKEN=         "Serious security concerns"
>

> > Will it work (easy) with a chrooted Apache ?
>
> Simon

your right - for the version in ports:
BROKEN=         "Serious security concerns"

DISTNAME=       webmin-0.81

but newer versions give a bit more control

I don't advocate it on any exposed box, but
for anything that doesn't touch the internet,
or get touched by same, seem's to be perfectly
safe (my internal mysql/pgsql/php/zope server seem's to like it,
anyways).

just my .02

Visit your host, monkey.org